Last week on the 400 block of N. Lakewood Avenue there was a house explosion that tragically took the life of a young boy, Troy Douglas, injured others and destroyed the homes of three families. This horrible event has stunned the community and spurred the question, “How can I help?”.
To help the families who have lost their homes and possessions, The Hospitality Committee of William Paca Elementary School #83 (200 E. North Ave.) is holding a donation and fund drive this week.
Where to donate: You may drop your donations off in the cafeteria Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. and from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. There will be a staff member at the designated table to receive your donations. If you cannot leave your donation at either of those times, Mrs. McNair, Mrs. J. Sauer, or Mrs. M. Davis are also available to receive your donations.
If you are donating money: Please make checks payable to William Paca Elementary School. The letter sent to the community has stated that “ Any monetary donations will be divided evenly among the families. If you would like a specific family to receive your donation, please make us aware at the time you give.”
What is needed:
The family of Troy Douglas has received donations to pay for basic funeral expenses, but is in need for donations for a burial marker as well as additional expenses which may not be covered.
Gonzalez Family 10 people: 3 females, 5 males, 2 children
- In need of furniture, clothes, shoes, food and household appliances and necessities (detergent, tissue, toilet paper, etc.)
- Ladies Clothes
- shirts sizes vary from small, medium and large
- mom only wears skirts and she is a size 8,
- pants size vary 6 to 8
- shoes sizes vary from 6 to 8
- Men’s Clothes
- shirts vary from small, medium and large
- pants sizes vary from 32 to 36
- shoes sizes vary from 5, 8 to 10
- Children’s Clothes
- Boy age 1 – size 3t to 5t
- Boy age 10 – size youth 12/14
White Family (4 people)
- I male- size 2x/3x (42/44)
- 1 pregnant female – size 2x/3x
- Girl age 6 – size youth 6/7 (kids 12 shoe)
- Girl age 9 – size youth 14/16 (kids 6 shoe)
Please go through your homes and see if you have any of the supplies being requested. If you don’t have the items above, money can go a long way. Share with your friends and neighbors and show your support in this time of need.